Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019, runner up in 2020 and a finalist in 2021!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Technical Writer (TW). The TW is responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. The TW writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. The TW creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
Candidates are required to have the following skills:
- Six (6) years’ experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI Clearance with full scope polygraph
The Level 2 Technical Writer (TW) shall possess the following capabilities:
Belay Technologies is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business located in Columbia Maryland. Belay specializes in systems automation and full stack development. Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits:
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials Work on all phases of documentation
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Strong technical writing
- Cyber background
- Policy and guidance documentation (editing/desktop publishing, etc.)
- Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products
We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, full scope
- 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
- 10% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- 100% company funded HSA
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
- Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
- Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!