Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019, runner up in 2020 and a finalist in 2021!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (SWE). This development work is focused on building a tool using the existing RKS database to help with the TechSIGINT Revitalization. In addition to the standard requirements for a SWE, we are looking for candidates that have experience with software development on Linux operating systems, familiarity with full stack web applications, experience running Kubernetes in Docker containers and experience with Nifi.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
Candidates are required to have the following skills:
- 20 years of experience in software engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- 4 years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may substitute it for a bachelor's degree.
- Cloud experience: shall have 5 years demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable big data store (NoSQL), such as HBase, cloud-based/accumulo, bigtable, etc.
- TS/SCI Clearance with full scope polygraph
Candidates are desired to have the following skills:
Belay Technologies is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business located in Columbia Maryland. Belay specializes in systems automation and full stack development. Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits:
- Must be #3 Cyber Ingest threads
- Experienced with JAVA, framework, Springboot, apache, NIFI
- Tech stack areas of experience/understanding would be:
- Experienced with Java, C++ and Python
- Experienced with Kubernetes in Docker containers
- Experienced with Micro-services
- Experienced with Familiarity with Nifi
- Experienced with Confluence
- 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
- 10% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- 100% company funded HSA
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
- Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
- Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, full scope