Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019, runner up in 2020 and a finalist in 2021!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE). The SE's role is to analyze user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. The SE analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. The SE guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. The SE provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technology. The SE incorporates new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations. The SE develops technical documentation. The SE develops system Architecture and system design documentation. The SE guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. The SE interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts. The SE ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. The SE communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
The Systems Engineer should meet the following educational/experience requirements:
Belay Technologies is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business located in Columbia Maryland. Belay specializes in systems automation and full stack development. Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits:
- Twenty (20) years’ experience as a System Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Five (5) years of additional System Engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- The Systems Engineer should have experience with the following technologies:
- Scripting or software development experience
- Network and security monitoring experience using agented enterprise-level tools such as NNM, OpenNMS, and Splunk
- Dataflow and messaging experience with Nifi and Kafka
- Tier 3 Linux system administration experience including SELinux
- Active Directory or Centrify experience
- SQL database administration skills
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
- 10% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- 100% company funded HSA
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
- Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
- Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, full scope