Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019, runner up in 2020 and a finalist in 2021!
Here at Belay Technologies, we are currently seeking a Hardware Engineer (HE), who can provide hardware engineering expertise to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and other technical hardware issues. The HE will procure and perform acceptance testing on equipment. The HE will also provide hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial. The HE will deploy, install, and implement hardware at Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS). The HE prepares specifications for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements. The HE will also conduct site surveys and prepare engineering plans and site Technical Design Packages. The HE will organize and direct hardware installations and configure (and document configuration of) computers, networking devices and various peripheral equipment. The HE will prepare site installation and test reports. The HE will ensure that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements. The HE will prepare reports and recommendations concerning existing and emerging hardware technologies. The HE will provide specific input to the hardware components of system design to include end-user devices, servers, networking devices, data storage devices, and specialized processors.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Twenty (20) years’ experience analyzing complex hardware systems for SIGINT Solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional hardware engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Analyzes hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include servers, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors
- TS/SCI with polygraph
Candidates must have the following experiences:
Belay Technologies is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business located in Columbia Maryland. Belay specializes in systems automation and full stack development. Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
- Prepares functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Ensures that problems with operational hardware have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements
- Assists with preparing installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Conducts site surveys; assesses and documents current site network configuration and site unique requirements
- Recommends specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Prepares engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages
- Develops hardware installation schedules based upon set-up, integration, and test timelines
- Prepares drawings documenting as-built configurations at each site
- Prepares site installation and test reports
- Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment
- Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware
- Prepares installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Organizes and directs hardware installations across multiple sites
- Analyzes and recommends hardware specifications for project-unique or modified commercial Hardware
- Assists with building simulations of proposed systems and provides hardware throughput analyses to system engineers
- Designs and verifies test harnesses/simulated interfaces for all test and integration phases
- Prepares Mean-Time-Between-Failure and Mean-Time-To-Repair analyses
- Analyzes operational data to identify choke points, failure modes, and other data for design or maintainability improvements
- Directs the work of other hardware engineers on a project requiring a variety of hardware engineering activities and tasks
- Has responsibility for all phases of hardware project planning to include schedules, budgets, and maturation of technical performance parameters
- Works closely with system engineering and test engineering to develop and validate hardware portion of test plans, test procedures, throughput models, failure analysis, and risk analysis
- Develops value engineering proposals for the program manager to reduce or avoid customer costs in up-front acquisition costs or operational/disposal costs
- Organizes and direct teams to address critical system failures that potentially derive from hardware component failure or misconfiguration
Perks and Benefits:
We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, full scope
- 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
- 10% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- 100% company funded HSA
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
- Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
- Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!