Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019, runner up in 2020 and a finalist in 2021!
Here at Belay Technologies, we are seeking a Software Engineer (SWE). The SWE shall develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. The SWE shall review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. The SWE shall also resolve software problem reports. The SWE shall be able to utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. The SWE will contribute to software development and creation of interactive multimedia courseware and programs using 3D-Graphics and animation, audio and video editing, and other software tools to author and program interactive computer-based learning, web development, and graphic efforts.
The Level 1 SWE shall possess the following capabilities:
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- TS/SCI with poly
Belay Technologies is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business located in Columbia Maryland. Belay specializes in systems automation and full stack development. Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Perks and Benefits:
- 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
- 10% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- 100% company funded HSA
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
- Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
- Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, full scope