Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019, runner up in 2020 and a finalist in 2021!
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/Government-Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
You should have experience, be familiar with, or desire to learn the following technologies:
- Fourteen (14) years software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Experience (or training) with Architecting and Deploying Splunk
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Python scripting experience for file parsing and basic network communications (reach out to a website or REST endpoint and grab some data), data manipulation.
- Niagara Files (NiFi) configuration, data flow creation, maintenance, or troubleshooting experience
- Splunk-configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, searching with SPL.
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develops or implements algorithms that meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assists with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Writes or reviews software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Analyzes user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Designs and codes new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Debugs existing software and corrects defects
- Integrates existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develops simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Lead the Way
- Desired Skills:
- 2+ years of Splunk experience
- Experience with cyber security
- Linux-system administration experience certainly helps with day-to-day tasks
- Regex knowledge would be a great
- Git basic usage useful
- This position is not your typical Software Engineer role.
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, FSP, Full Scope Polygraph, SQ, SWE