Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019, runner up in 2020 and a finalist in 2021!
Belay Tech is seeking a strong Systems Administrator with Eight (8) years system administration experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government. Must have demonstrated experience creating and managing virtual environments and experience designing technical model solutions that would improve efficiency of the operational process. Must have experience with computer networking protocols. All candidates must hold an active DoD security clearance with polygraph.
Belay Technologies is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business located in Columbia Maryland. Belay specializes in systems automation and full stack development. Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
- Self-starter with minimum Eight (8) years demonstrated systems administration experience administering user accounts; performing server subsystem configuration, network management, installation of software, backups, configuration management, and general system maintenance; and providing input to the design of the organizations systems and mission architecture.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years’ experience.
- Four (4) years combined experience in system administration, which shall have been obtained within the last six (6) years.
- Six (6) years combined experience in each of the following:
- a) system backup/restore procedures
- b) system security practices,
- c) system tuning,
- d) user administration,
- e) software and hardware installation and maintenance
- f) file management and system troubleshooting,
- g) operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix/Solaris, LINUX) and storage filers (e.g., NetApp, Isolon),
- h) system accreditation support,
- i) system configurations, and
- j) Vmware and virtualization.
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, SA
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!