Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019, runner up in 2020 and a finalist in 2021!
Belay is seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) to build performance-monitoring solutions for systems. The SWE will leverage Elastic stack to store and develop visualizations of the performance metrics. The SWE will utilize scripting for infrastructure automation in the AWS cloud. The SWE will integrate open source and COTS products in a secure environment with PKI-based authentication, corporate authorization services, firewalls, and SSL/TLS communications. The SWE will follow the corporate recommendations and processes for securing our infrastructure. The ideal SWE must possess a good understanding of network, operating system, application, and end-point performance. The SWE must have strong communication and collaboration skills and be results-oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 5 years of Software Engineering experience.
- An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years.
- 3+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains.
- System administration background
- 5-9 years computer/IT professional experience
- 1+ years experience with Elastic stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana)
- 1+ years UNIX scripting
- TS/SCI Clearance with full-scope polygraph
Must be experienced with the following:
- AWS Cloud
- Ansible or Terraform
- Cisco AppDynamics
- MicroFocus Business Service Management (BSM) tool suite
- MicroFocus SiteScope
- MicroFocus Operations Bridge/Operations Manager I (OMi)
- Proficient in UNIX commands
- Proficient in Windows
Belay Technologies is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business located in Columbia Maryland. Belay specializes in systems automation and full stack development. Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits:
We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, full scope
- 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
- 10% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- 100% company funded HSA
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
- Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
- Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!