Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019, runner up in 2020 and a finalist in 2021!
Belay Technologies has an immediate need for a User Experience (UX) Software Engineer to collaborate with the government, software engineers, and systems engineers to design, develop, install, deploy, operate, and manage systems. The UX Engineer designs user experiences for new and existing web-based applications. Designs user-friendly solutions for complex workflows. Designs high-fidelity mockups using Adobe Creative Suite CC (Illustrator, Photoshop), Axure, or similar design tools. Creates design artifacts and workflow diagrams. Understands and follows user experience design processes, standards, and best practices. Communicates on a regular basis with creative director, product owners, development teams, and stakeholders. Top Secret clearance with Polygraph required.
Qualified candidates should have:
·2+ years of experience in UX or related field with a strong background in user interface design
·Formal education in Human Factors, Graphic Design, or related field
·Demonstrated ability to design compelling and intuitive user interfaces
·Expertise in visual or graphic design using tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalent
·Familiarity with user experience or web design with a focus on web-based applications
·Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams of multiple disciplines
·Ability to participate in design critiques and to take suggestions with grace
·Experience in creating style guides, icons, and graphics in support of a project
Desired experience may include:
·Familiarity with Section 508 accessibility compliance requirements
·Familiarity working with development teams in an Agile environment
·Experience with HTML and CSS
·Pixel perfect design skills
·Knowledge of typography
·Professional portfolio or sample that demonstrates design thinking and a strong understanding of visual design
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BR; Senior or SME SWE