Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019, runner up in 2020 and a finalist in 2021!
Belay Tech is seeking a strong Systems Administrator with ten (10) years system administration experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government. You should have experience with linux systems administration, as well as some experience designing technical model solutions that would improve efficiency of the operational process, scripting and VMware experience. All candidates must hold an active DoD Top Secret security clearance with polygraph.
Belay Technologies is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business located in Columbia Maryland. Belay specializes in systems automation and full stack development. Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
You should have experience, be familiar with, or desire to learn the following technologies:
- Proficiency in working with applicable network devices to include repeaters, bridges, routers, gateways, and hubs
- Minimum seven (7) years combined experience in administration of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows NT, Unix, and Linux operating systems
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience with computer networking protocols including, but not limited to TCP, IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, and DNS
- Minimum five (5) years combined experience supporting Java development activities, including applets, Java Server Pages, and J2EE frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring, Struts or Java Server Faces (JSF)
- Minimum five (5) years combined experience supporting C and C++ development activities
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with integrated processing environments such as a Storage Area Network
- Minimum two (2) years combined experience supporting HTML, XML, and WEB-based Graphical User Interface/portal development activities
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in writing scripts
- Experience in developing and delivering briefings, technical presentations, and program documentation to senior program management
- VMware (vCenter and ESXi)
- VMware NSX-T
- ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash, Kibana)
- Salt Stack
- Apple (MAC/OSX)
- PowerShell/Bash Scripting
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, SE6
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!