Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019 and runner up in 2020!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Database Administrator (DBA) supporting the Application Messaging Framework (AMF). Responsible for the design, maintenance, monitoring, and administration of multiple Oracle databases. Candidate should demonstrate a strong Database Administration background. General tasking and job responsibilities include:
- Work with developers to design and create tables, views, and indexes
- Management of tablespaces, partitions, and datafiles
- Monitoring and management of system storage and data age-off, accounts, account permissions, and account expiration
- Creation and maintenance of PL/SQL stored procedures and triggers
- Backup and restoration of Oracle databases as required
- Installation of Oracle software and monthly security patches
- Migration of Oracle databases to new hardware
- Research and Development of FOSS alternatives to Oracle
- Securing Oracle access using TLS, certificates, and the Oracle Wallet
- Active DoD security clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 8 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 12 years.
- At least three years of experience in the SIGINT, IA and IT domains
- 5+ years of Oracle DBA experience
- 5+ years of experience with PL/SQL and SQL
- Ability to debug and resolve database errors and performance bottlenecks in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to peers and management
- Experience maintaining Oracle software in an Enterprise Linux environment
Perks and Benefits:
- Oracle database performance tuning
- Experience optimizing SQL queries and stored procedures
- BASH shell scripting experience
- Experience using git for configuration management
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, MW, SWEIII-C