Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019 and runner up in 2020!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join their software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
***Telework is authorized for this position***
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Provide Full-Stack software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Collaborate with other software development teams developing web-based user interface applications promoting service interoperability, integration, and reuse
- Maintain awareness of current landscape of visualization solutions exchanging knowledge and advice regarding visualization technologies
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
Seven (7) years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Note: Eleven (11) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI clearance with a Polygraph
- Technical experience with:
- Developing applications using AngularJS / jQuery / React / Vue (other JS frameworks)
- Developing Java Web or NodeJS applications
- Developing RESTful Services
- Developing applications that are 508 compliant
- 7+ years’ experience with:
- Serving as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Analyzing user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Ensuring quality control of all developed and modified software
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
- Developing software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Debug existing software and correct defects
Perks and Benefits:
- Experience with the Spring Application Framework
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Developing applications interfacing into relational and non-relational database applications (i.e. Oracle / Mongo DB / Elasticsearch)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, SWE1, BT