Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019 and runner up in 2020!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Software Engineer (SWE). The SWE will be working with a team of developers supporting a high-profile, mission-critical report authoring tool with thousands of users. The SWE will also be contributing to project planning, documentation, and new feature design through an Agile software process. The SWE must be able to provide on-call, after-hours Tier III support on a rotating basis with other members of the team, and in coordination with organizations that provide Tier I and II support. The SWE must be familiar with how to improve software and system architecture for improved reliability and efficiency and develop new features and bug fixes. Other tasks that the SWE will be doing, but is not limited to are assist and mentor junior developers. Finally the SWE will be responsible for documenting and updating data models, schemas, APIs, and other technical specifications as needed.
The Senior-level Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years’ experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of current development practices with a minimum of six (6) years of experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing, and experience developing solutions integrating and extending commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience.
Duties will Include:
- Work with a team of developers supporting a high-profile, mission-critical report authoring tool with thousands of users
- Contribute to project planning, documentation, and new feature design through an Agile software process
- Improve software and system architecture for improved reliability and efficiency and develop new features and bug fixes
- Provide on-call, after-hours Tier III support on a rotating basis with other members of the team, and in coordination with organizations that provide Tier I and II support
- Assist and mentor junior developers
- Document and update data models, schemas, APIs, and other technical specifications as needed
Additional Experience Desired:
Perks and Benefits:
- Apache NiFi
- Elastic Stack
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, SrSWE, Ambul
- 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
- 10% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- 100% company funded HSA
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
- Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
- Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!