Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019 and runner up in 2020!
Belay wants you to lead the way by offering ideas, creating solutions, and being a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference.
We are seeking a solid Test Engineer to support the Application Messaging Framework (AMF). You will be responsible for the functional and performance testing of web-based GUIs, Enterprise Java Applications, and Messaging Systems. In this role you will verify and validate functionality by evaluating software against system requirements, identifying and documenting defects using reproducible tests cases.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 5 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years
- 2+ years of experience with Linux
- 2+ years of work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains
- 1+ year of experience using automated test tools
- Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Ability to identify and document application defects using reproducible test cases
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to peers and management
- Experience writing and maintaining comprehensive test plans
- Active DoD security clearance with polygraph
Perks and Benefits:
- Experience testing message-oriented middleware software such as JMS, AMQP, STOMP, or MQTT
- Experience testing distributed systems such as Apache Accumulo, Hadoop, Kafka, and Storm
- Experience using scripting and domain specific languages to automate system tests in an Enterprise Linux environment
- Understanding of Usability Engineering principles and best practices for user interface design
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday, 11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, TE/SWEII-B, MW