Belay Technologies has been voted one of Baltimore's Best Places to Work in 2020!
Belay wants you to lead the way - offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference.
Belay Technologies is seeking a Senior Front-End Web Application Developer to join the development team on one of our many programs. This contract is in year two (2) of a seven (7) year period of performance.
Annapolis Junction, MD; Telework Availability: Up to 50%
What You Will Do:
Build and enhance high-visibility, collaborative web application tools used in the day-to-day mission, throughout the customer and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC). Your work will enable data to be updated and shared in real-time and will help drive more informed and timely decisions in matters of national security.
You will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development and analytic technologies.
Thus far, our team has created:
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC
- A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile and update data in real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations
- A tool that allows analysts to quickly capture, document and access information
A Day in the Life (Just a Few of the Things You Will Do):
- Sit at the forefront of data visualization by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a fit.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- Design solutions from the user’s perspective and partner with UI/UX designers who manage the design, look and feel of the application.
- Receive direct user feedback from product / mission outreach teams and continuously improve tools.
- Review/test software components and build your expertise by developing and executing comprehensive system, performance and design testing plans.
Required Education / Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR eight (8) years of development experience may be substituted for a Bachelors degree.
Required Skills/Qualifications (What You Must Have):
Desired Experience/ Skills (Nice to Have):
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Six (6) or more years of experience with the following web application and/or front-end languages and technologies:
- Java, C++ or VB.net
- HTML, CSS, PHP and Perl, Python, Ruby
- Six (6) or more years of experience across the entire Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) that includes:
- Analyzing and translating user requirements into software requirements
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of software system documentation
- Software component testing plan development and hands-on testing.
- Experience developing applications interfacing with REST-based APIs/service
Perks and Benefits:
- Linux based scripting using a server-side language (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.).
- Agile software development experience / understanding.
- Code management using Git & MAVEN
- Jira and/ or Confluence experience
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT, WD2