Belay Technologies has been voted one of Baltimore's Best Places to Work in 2020!
Belay wants you to lead the way - offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference.
The Information Systems Security Engineer is an individual contributor to a team that designs, tests, and implements state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products. The ISSE is involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access. The ISSE uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research and may prepare security reports to regulatory agencies
The ISSE will create, maintain, and modify secure operating system baselines. Conduct vulnerability scans of pre-deployment systems. Make security recommendations regarding privileges and accesses. Provide Security support to engineering. Work with ISSOs for ATP on SSPs. Responsible for conducting risk assessments and provide recommendations for application design. Covers all network security tools for all Operating Systems, including research and recommendations, design, development, creation, and configuration, testing, implementation and maintenance, baseline tuning.
* (14) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required
* DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 2
* CISSP Certification
* Full DoD security clearance
- Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components
- Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components
- Support the government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among externals systems and architectures
- Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
- Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data
- Interact with the customer and other project team members
- Perform system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Provide security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
- Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements
- Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, ISSE2, SQ