Belay Technologies has been voted one of Baltimore's Best Places to Work in 2020!
Belay wants you to lead the way - offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference.
As a data scientist you will develop machine learning, data mining, statistical and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of datasets; prototype or consider several algorithms and decide upon final model based on suitable performance metrics; build models or develop experiments to generate data when training or example datasets are unavailable; generate reports and visualizations that summarize datasets and provide data-driven insights to customers; partner with subject matter experts to translate manual data analysis into automated analytics; implement prototype algorithms within production frameworks for integration into analyst workflows. All candidates must hold an active DoD security clearance with poly.
Bachelor's and Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, mathematics, operations research, engineering or computer science). Five years of experience analyzing datasets and developing analytics, five years of experience programming with data analysis software such as Python or R. An additional two years of experience in software development, cloud development, analyzing datasets, or developing descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics can be substituted for a Master's degree. A PhD from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline can be substituted for three years of experience.
- Produce data visualizations that provide insight into dataset structure and meaning
- Work with subject matters experts (SMEs) to identify important information in raw data and develop scripts that extract this information from a variety of data formats (e.g., SQL tables, structured metadata, network logs)
- Incorporate SME input into feature vectors suitable for analytic development and testing
-Translate customer qualitative analysis process and goals into quantitative formulations that are coded into software prototypes
- Develop and implement statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Develop statistical tests to make data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Develop experiments to collect data or models to simulate data when required data are unavailable
- Develop feature vectors for input into machine learning algorithms
- Identify the most appropriate algorithm for a given dataset and tune input and model parameters
- Evaluate and validate the performance of analytics using standard techniques and metrics (e.g. cross validation, ROC curves, confusion matrices)
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, TKO, DS2, full scope