Belay Technologies has been voted one of Baltimore's Best Places to Work in 2020!
is seeking a Software Application Tester
to join the development team on one of our many programs. This contract is in year two (2) of a seven (7) year period of performance
Annapolis Junction, MD AND Telework Availability: Up to 50%
What You Will Do:
Write, execute and report test cases performed for web-based applications and create various regression testing scenarios to evaluate effectiveness, quality, and scalability performance of web-based tools used across the customer enterprise and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC).
Your work will enable development teams to deploy quality products and support users by troubleshooting real-time use cases and help drive product improvement decisions in matters of national security.
Our development and test teams have built/created:
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC
- A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile and update data in real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations
- A tool that allows analysts to quickly capture, document and access information
A Day in the Life (Just a Few of the Things You Will Do):
Required Education / Years of Experience:
- Stay at the forefront of data visualization in web applications by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a performant and fit for the customer’s mission.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- High level of collaboration with multiple product teams to design solutions from the user’s perspective.
- Unique opportunities to work with UI/UX designers who manage the design – look and feel – of the application, as well as Mission Outreach teams who provide direct user feedback for continuous product improvement.
- Review and test software components to gain experience developing comprehensive system, performance, and design plans.
Required Skills/Qualifications (What You Must Have):
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR four (4) years of development experience may be substituted for a Bachelors degree.
Desired Experience/ Skills (Nice to Have):
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Any years of experience with the following web application and/or front-end languages and technologies:
- Java, C++, or VB.net
- HTML, CSS, PHP and Perl, Python, Ruby
- Hands on end-to-end testing of software and/or hardware applications.
- Review and test software components and gain experience developing comprehensive system, performance, and design plans.
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of detailed communications and system documentation
- Full Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) experience that may include two (2) years or more of:
- Analyzing and translating user requirements into software requirements
- A combination of both new software development and capabilities enhancement
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of software system documentation
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Knowledge of REST-based APIs/services
Perks and Benefits:
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts to facilitate application integration using a one or more appropriate server-side languages (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.)
- Modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop data mining and data ingest processes for new data, and support integration with middle-tier and back-end APIs
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, LJ, SWE2; 55900