Belay Technologies has been voted one of Baltimore's Best Places to Work in 2020!
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer to join the development team on one of our many programs.
This contract is in year two (2) of a seven (7) year period of performance
What You Will Do:
Build and enhance high-visibility, collaborative web application tools used in the day-to-day mission, throughout the customer and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC). Your work will enable data to be updated and shared in real-time and will help drive more informed and timely decisions in matters of national security.
You will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development and analytic technologies.
Thus far, our team has created:
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC.
- Cognitive Data Models to develop data transformations for easier consumption into the UI.
- A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile data in a sandbox setting and updates real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations.
- An analyst tool that enables users to quickly capture, document and access information.
A Day in the Life (Just a Few of the Things You Will Do):
- Stay at the forefront of data visualization by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a fit.
- Designing high-fidelity mockups using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
- Creating design artifacts, workflow diagrams, low-fidelity mockups, wireframes, static and functional prototypes that supplement the high-fidelity mockups
- Participate in usability testing to ensure applications meet 508 accessibility compliance
- Participate in design review sessions, explain design concepts and decisions to creative director, development teams, product owners and stakeholders
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level UX designers, developers, and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- High level of collaboration with multiple product teams to design detailed web application workflows to streamline our customer’s mission. Working closely with mission and users to identify trends with from the user’s perspective.
- Provide support to software engineering teams to design modernized analyst web-based workspaces for tasks related to knowledge outputs from source systems.
- Understand and follow user experience design processes, standards, and best practices
- Communicate on a regular basis with creative director, product owners, development teams and stakeholders
Required Education / Years of Experience:
- Associates degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR Four (4) years of design experience with two (2) of those years being within UX experience function may be substituted for a non-qualifying Associates degree.
Required Skills/Qualifications (What You Must Have):
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Experience with task analysis and user interface design to include: Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, HCI, and Design Architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to design compelling and intuitive user interfaces.
- A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Experience partnering and communicating with System and Software Engineers under agile development processes.
- Any years of experience with the following web application and graphic design technologies:
- Expertise in visual or graphic design using tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalents.
- Designing websites using HTML, CSS, Visual Basic, or other web-based programming languages
Desired Experience/ Skills (Nice to Have):
Perks and Benefits:
- Experience with reviewing or processing TechSIGINT data
- Analyzing and translating user requirements into software mockups
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
- Creating or reviewing design guides and documentation for mission users, and software development teams, ensuring that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Documenting scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, and maintenance, and disposal needs
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT; SWE3