Belay Technologies has been voted one of Baltimore's Best Places to Work in 2020!
Belay Technologies is seeking a DevOps Senior Systems Engineer with the following skill set:
- Deploy and manage a set of web-based report authoring applications and their underlying systems. Provide site reliability / DevOps support to a development team with multiple deployment environments.
- Communicate directly and in technical exchange meetings with users, help desk staff, the customer lead, development team, external product teams, and other stakeholders.
- Configuration management through regular release cycles, documenting changes being made to each environment for customer approval/acceptance.
- Respond to outages. Provide after-hours, on-call support from time to time, in a rotation with other team members. Contribute to post-mortem analysis and document incidents, findings, procedures, lessons-learned, etc. to contribute to improving the performance and reliability of the systems.
- Active clearance with poly
- At least fifteen (15) years performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis. A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience.
- At least seven (7) years leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
- Experienced with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- Performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to groups of analytic workforce and demonstrates an ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from more experienced analysts to new analysts.
- Experienced with system architectures in a service oriented and ESB environment.
- Experienced in analytical environments/intelligence production organizations.
- Applying agile and/or spiral development models.
- Developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large-scale programs.
- Integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
- Experienced “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Integrating FOSS, COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Developing and deploying integrated desktop applications.
- Linux system administration
- Troubleshooting network, system, and application issues
- Network security, PKI certificates, and related tools
- Java application server configuration and deployment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Technical Field may be substitute for four (4) years’ experience.
Lead the Way
- Familiarity with the security accreditation process
- Database administration, particularly MongoDB
- Nifi data flow configuration and troubleshooting
- Load balancer configuration (e.g., Haproxy)
- Docker, Kubernetes, and other containerization tools
- Elastic Stack (Filebeat, Logstash, Elastic, Kibana)
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, Amb