Belay Technologies has been voted as one of Baltimore's Best Places to Work in 2020!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Principal Analytics Software Developer to join the development team on one of our programs. All candidates must have an active DoD security clearance with polygraph. This Contract is in year two (2) of a seven (7) year period of performance
What You Will Do:
Build and enhance high-visibility, collaborative web application tools used in the day-to-day mission, throughout the customer and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC). Your work will enable data to be updated and shared in real-time and will help drive more informed and timely decisions in matters of national security.
You will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development and analytic technologies.
Thus far, our team has created:
- Streamlined, collaborative User Interfaces (UI) that share data across agencies within the IC
- UIs that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile and update data in real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations
- UIs that allows analysts to quickly capture, document and access information
- An analyst tool that enables users to quickly capture, document and access information.
A Day in the Life (Just a Few of the Things You Will Do):
Required Education / Years of Experience:
- Stay at the forefront of data visualization in web applications by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a performant and fit for the customer’s mission.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- High level of collaboration with multiple product teams to design solutions from the user’s perspective.
- Unique opportunities to work with UI/UX designers who manage the design – look and feel – of the application, as well as Mission Outreach teams who provide direct user feedback for continuous product improvement.
- Review and test software components and gain experience developing comprehensive system, performance, and design plans.
- Develop software analytics for knowledge data anomalies within enterprise solutions.
- Developing ETL processes to retrieve and deliver data across multiple persistence technologies in a performant manner
- Understanding and ensure corporate compliance rule sets are upheld
- Developing and deploying Map/Reduce analytics to the corporate cloud environment
- Connecting to outside data sources to retrieve, collate, and cache data
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Monitoring running applications and troubleshooting errors.
Required Skills/Qualifications (What You Must Have):
- Twenty (20) or more years of experience with the following web application and/or front-end languages and technologies plus a Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR Twenty-five (25) years of development experience may be substituted for candidates without a qualifying bachelor’s degree.
Desired Experience/ Skills (Nice to Have):
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Twenty (20) or more years of experience with the following software development and the following technologies:
- Java, C++ or VB.net, Spring
- HTML, CSS, PHP and Perl, Python, Ruby
- Experience developing applications interfacing with REST-based APIs/services in Apache Tomcat/Java or NodeJS.
- Experience developing applications using NoSQL (i.e. MongoDb, Elasticsearch), advanced key store (i.e. REDIS), and/or relational (i.e. Oracle, MySQL) databases.
- Developing applications using Java application frameworks (i.e. Vert.X, Spring Boot)
- Full Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) experience that includes twenty (20) years or more of:
- Serving as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Analyzing and translating user requirements into software requirements
- Developing software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- A combination of providing both new software development and capabilities enhancement
- Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction
- Creation and editing of software system documentation
- Ensuring unit testing and software quality control of all developed and modified software
- Serving as a mentor to junior team members
Lead the Way
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts to facilitate application integration using a one or more appropriate server-side languages (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.)
- Modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop data mining and data ingest processes for new data, and support integration with middle-tier and back-end APIs
- Experience with HTTP caching
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Experience with Apache NiFi and/or Apache Spark
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, FSP, TS/SCI BT; SE3; Full Scope Poly