Belay Technologies has been voted one of Baltimore's Best Places to Work in 2020!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Middle/Back End Software Engineer
to provide application development and support to a suite of tools that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
You will provide software engineering support to the Curation & Ingest application process which builds out dataflow pipelines in support of the Extract, Translate and Load (ETL) operations. Additionally, you will work closely with the User Interface software development team to enable user interactions into the dataflow pipeline and allow users to manipulate data both automatically and manually.
Middle/Back End Software Engineer Duties Include:
- Provide Middle/Back End software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop services for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Technical experience with:
- Developing Java Web applications
- Developing with Spring-Boot
- Developing RESTful Services
- Developing applications interfacing into Elasticsearch / Oracle
- 14+ years’ experience with:
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Ensuring quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitoring their performance
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
- Experience with HTTP caching
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Experience with Apache NiFi and/or Apache Spark
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
Lead the Way
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, RR SWE3