Belay Technologies has been voted Best Places to Work in 2020!
We are seeking a Software Application Tester to write, execute and report test cases performed for web-based applications and create various regression testing scenarios to evaluate effectiveness, quality, and scalability performance of web-based tools used across the customer enterprise and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC).
Your work will enable development teams to deploy quality products and support users by troubleshooting real-time use cases and help drive product improvement decisions in matters of national security.
Our development and test teams have built/created:
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC
A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile and update data in real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations
A tool that allows analysts to quickly capture, document and access information
A Day in the Life (Just a Few of the Things You Will Do):
Required Education / Years of Experience:
- Stay at the forefront of data visualization in web applications by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a performant and fit for the customer’s mission.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- High level of collaboration with multiple product teams to design solutions from the user’s perspective.
- Unique opportunities to work with UI/UX designers who manage the design – look and feel – of the application, as well as Mission Outreach teams who provide direct user feedback for continuous product improvement.
- Review and test software components and gain experience developing comprehensive system, performance, and design plans.
Required Skills/Qualifications (What You Must Have):
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR twelve (12) years of development experience may be substituted for a Bachelors degree.
Desired Experience/ Skills (Nice to Have):
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Eight (8) or more years of experience with the following web application and/or front-end languages and technologies:
- Java, C++ or VB.net
- HTML, CSS, PHP and Perl, Python, Ruby
- Eight (8) or more years of experience across the entire Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) that includes:
- Analyzing and translating user requirements into software requirements and test procedures
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of software system documentation
- Software component testing plan development and hands-on testing.
- Experience developing applications interfacing with REST-based APIs/service
Lead the Way
- Experience developing automated test scripts (e.g. Selenium, SoapUI, Katalon)
- Experience working with applications which use NoSQL (i.e. MongoDb, Elasticsearch), advanced key store (i.e. REDIS), and/or relational (i.e. Oracle, MySQL) databases.
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts to facilitate application integration using a one or more appropriate server-side languages (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT; WD2