Belay Technologies has been voted Best Places to Work in 2020!
Belay Tech is seeking a Mid Level Systems Engineer (SCRUM) to join the development team on one of our many programs. You must hold an DoD active security clearance with polygraph. This Prime Contract is in year two (2) of a seven (7) year period of performance
What You Will Do:
Build and enhance high-visibility, collaborative web application tools used in the day-to-day mission, throughout the customer and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC). Your work will enable data to be updated and shared in real-time and will help drive more informed and timely decisions in matters of national security. You will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development and analytic technologies.
Thus far, our team has created:
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC.
- Cognitive Data Models to develop data transformations for easier consumption into the UI.
- A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile data in a sandbox setting and updates real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations.
- An analyst tool that enables users to quickly capture, document and access information.
A Day in the Life (Just a Few of the Things You Will Do):
The Systems Engineer for the team will:
Required Education / Years of Experience:
- Work with a diverse team of principal, senior, and junior level contributors to provide development and production support for the customer Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA).
- Transition and modernize legacy tools and collapse like capabilities
- Solicit, interpret, and draft requirements, advocate for development teams; plan and run realistic agile sprints; and established detailed schedules
- Design, Develop, and Improve workflows from legacy systems into modern frameworks
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- May define data models to link existing applications in support of new data items; develop data mining and data ingest processes for new data; and support integration with middle-tier and back-end APIs.
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability and effectiveness
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform system life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
Required Skills/Qualifications (What You Must Have):
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR Twelve (12) years of systems engineering and tester experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Desired Experience/ Skills (Nice to Have):
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Four (4) or more years of experience working with developers on web-based applications
- Full Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) experience that includes seven (7) years or more of:
- Analyzing, translating, and managing user requirements and decompose into software requirements
- Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of software system documentation
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
Perks and Benefits:
- Modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop data mining and data ingest processes for new data, and support integration with middle-tier and back-end APIs
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the compliance and integrity of the application
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD,BT; SEmid