Belay Technologies has been voted winner for Best Places to Work!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Front-End Software Engineer for Web Applications to join the development team on one of our (many) prime programs.
This Prime Contract is in year two (2) of a seven (7) year period of performance
What You Will Do:
Build and enhance high-visibility, collaborative web application tools used in the day-to-day mission, throughout the customer and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC). Your work will enable data to be updated and shared in real-time and will help drive more informed and timely decisions in matters of national security. You will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development and analytic technologies.
Thus far, our team has created:
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC.
- Cognitive Data Models to develop data transformations for easier consumption into the UI.
- A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile data in a sandbox setting and updates real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations.
- An analyst tool that enables users to quickly capture, document and access information.
A Day in the Life (Just a Few of the Things You Will Do):
- Stay at the forefront of data visualization in web applications by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a performant and fit for the customer’s mission.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- High level of collaboration with multiple product teams to design solutions from the user’s perspective.
- Unique opportunities to work with UI/UX designers who manage the design – look and feel – of the application, as well as Mission Outreach teams who provide direct user feedback for continuous product improvement.
- Review and test software components and gain experience developing comprehensive system, performance, and design plans.
Required Education / Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR eleven (11) years total of software development experience may be substituted for candidates without a qualifying bachelor’s degree
Required Skills/Qualifications (What You Must Have):
- An Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Seven (7) or more years of experience developing web-based applications using:
- Java, C++, or VB.net
- HTML, CSS, PHP and Perl, Python, Ruby
- Full Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) experience that includes seven (7) years or more of:
- Analyzing and translating user requirements into software requirements
- A combination of both new software development and capabilities enhancement
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of software system documentation
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Experience developing applications interfacing with REST-based APIs/services
Desired Experience/ Skills (Nice to Have):
Lead the Way
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts to facilitate application integration using a one or more appropriate server-side languages (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.)
- Modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop data mining and data ingest processes for new data, and support integration with middle-tier and back-end APIs
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT; SWE1; BIA, Full Scope Poly