Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
We are interviewing! Belay Tech is seeking a Junior Full Stack Developer with an active security clearance at the highest level with poly.
· Work across a full stack of data analytics techniques and tools from the data layer and ingest all the way up to the user interface.
· Build user interfaces that allow analysts to browse complex data structures and networks to quickly gain valuable new intelligence with ease.
· Design new visualizations that can display many different types and sources of data in ways that enable analysts to quickly gain the insight they’re searching for – or don’t know about yet.
· Ingest data from a wide variety of disparate sources and formats and unify it into an aligned analyst search/analytics tool.
· Help to maintain the full software product lifecycle of applications from new prototype and test to production and maintenance.
· Quickly develop prototype applications and capabilities leveraging customer dataset expertise and well-established security practices before moving them to fully operational production systems.
· Create search tools and algorithms that can discover complex relationships and identify keywords to highlight previously undiscovered intelligence for analysts.
· Leverage other customer tools in a customer wide tool suite to develop and provide integrated capabilities to make analysts lives easier.
· Solve challenging software engineering problems and decompose requirements to build tools that enable critical capabilities in support of US intelligence operations.
The Junior-level Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
· At least two (2) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
· At least two (2) years developing software in an enterprise environment.
· At least two (2) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux OS. At least one (1) year of this experience must have been obtained within the last two (2) years.
· At least one (1) year in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
· Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated at least two (2) documents in support of a software development project.
Technical Experience Required:
· HTML / CSS
· Operating/Developing in Linux OS environment
· Ability to translate challenging requirements into software prototypes with a team.
· Interface with stakeholders and users to improve capabilities and features of supported products
· Ability to Design intuitive user interfaces that allow analysts to discover previously unknown information and relationships
· Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements in an agile software development lifecycle.
· Ability to describe new prototype capabilities, bug fixes, and enhancements to customers, stakeholders, and project leads.
· A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem-solving abilities.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, take off on your birthday!, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AmB; JrSWE FSP, Poly