Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
We are hiring! You will provide systems engineering and DevOps support to a development team supporting a suite of high visibility, heavily used reporting and authoring tools and their underlying RESTful microservice infrastructure. Tasks include:
- Communicate with customer leadership, end users, help desk staff, and other product teams to gather requirements and resolve issues
- Ensure that application user interfaces meet accessibility requirements and comply with WCAG 2.1 guidelines
- Conduct testing of product releases to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer requirements
- Perform configuration management through regular release cycles, documenting changes across multiple environments
- Provide operational support to include troubleshooting issues and provide after-hours, on-call support on a rotating schedule with other team members
- Active government security clearance with polygraph
- Strong Unix system administration skills, including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience
- Solid web infrastructure fundamentals: TCP/IP, HTTP, caching REST, and scale out
- Experience configuring Java Application servers such as Tomcat, Netty
- Experience with web servers such as NGINX or proxy services such as HAProxy in large, horizontally scalable environments to serve web content and requests to large numbers of users concurrently
- Experience using distributed source code control such as Git
- Conducting root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers and software developers
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience using and managing/optimizing NoSQL queries and databases such as MongoDB to persist data for web applications at a large scale (100+ queries per second)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience with implementing and testing web services with various automated test frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor, etc)
- Proven technical debugging/troubleshooting ability on multi-threaded and distributed systems.
- Experience with security accreditation process
- Network security experience:
- Access and authorization – PKI, chain trusting, Central Authentication System
- Vulnerability assessments
At least fifteen (15) years performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis. A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience.
- At least seven (7) years leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
- Experienced with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- Performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to groups of analytic workforce and demonstrates an ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from more experienced analysts to new analysts.
- Experienced with system architectures in a service oriented and ESB environment.
- Experienced in analytical environments/intelligence production organizations.
- Applying agile and/or spiral development models.
- Developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large-scale programs.
- Integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
- Experienced “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Integrating FOSS, COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Developing and deploying integrated desktop applications.
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, SrSWE, TS, Ambu, Full Scope