Belay Technologies has been voted Best Places to Work in 2020!
is seeking a Software Systems Architect (Lead)
to join the development team on one of our many programs. This Contract is in year two (2) of a seven (7) year period of performance.
What You Will Do:
Decompose requirements and developer system architectures for web-based applications which act as an analyst sandbox for performing data enrichment and research. Oversee teams for the development and and testing of analyst scenarios to evaluate effectiveness, quality, and scalability performance of web-based tools used across the customer enterprise and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC).
Your work will enable development teams to deploy quality products and support users by troubleshooting real-time use cases and help drive product improvement decisions in matters of national security.
Our development and test teams have built/created:
A Day in the Life:
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC.
- Cognitive Data Models to develop data transformations for easier consumption into the UI.
- A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile data in a sandbox setting and updates real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations.
- An analyst tool that enables users to quickly capture, document and access information.
- Stay at the forefront of data visualization in web applications by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a performant and fit for the customer’s mission.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- High level of collaboration with multiple product teams to design solutions from the user’s perspective.
- Unique opportunities to work with UI/UX designers who manage the design – look and feel – of the application, as well as Mission Outreach teams who provide direct user feedback for continuous product improvement.
- Review and test software components and gain experience developing comprehensive system, performance, and design plans.
- Develop software models for enterprise solutions to consuming and transforming data.
- An Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Twenty (20) or more years of experience with the following web application and/or front-end languages and technologies plus a Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR Twenty-five (25) years of systems engineering experience may be substituted for candidates without a qualifying bachelor’s degree.
- Work as an team lead as well as an individual contributor, communicate directions, and/or provide guidance to all levels of team systems engineers, developers, and testers, as required.
- Managing multiple teams with numerous technical interfaces to internal and external customers
- Experience testing applications interfacing with REST-based APIs/services.
- Software testing and troubleshooting of software issues for SIGINT systems using test-driven development frameworks .
- Experience building applications for 508 compliance
- Full Systems Engineering Lifecyle (SELC) experience that includes twenty (20) years or more of:
- Analyzing, translating, and managing user requirements and decompose into software requirements
- Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of software system documentation
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
Lead the Way
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts to facilitate application integration using a one or more appropriate server-side languages (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.)
- Modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop data mining and data ingest processes for new data, and support integration with middle-tier and back-end APIs
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT BIA Do2