Belay Technologies has been voted Best Places to Work in 2020!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Workflow Systems Engineer to join the development team on one of our many programs. This Contract is in year two (2) of a seven (7) year period of performance. All candidates must hold an active and full DoD security clearance at the highest level.
System Engineer Duties Include:
- Apply system engineering principles in the development of system requirements, functional requirements.
- Provide System Engineering support throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Build and maintain product roadmaps and track strategic, short-term, and long-term efforts.
- Identify, document, and track activities and division priorities.
- Provide input for risk and rewards for consideration when changes to the schedule occur.
- Derive an understanding of system requirements from stakeholder needs.
- Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
- An Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- 20+ years’ experience with:
- Providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting system requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and perform technical assessment.
- Developing system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Conducting and/or approving end-to-end system trade analyses optimizing system operations over its lifecycle.
- Developing system design alternatives considering life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth.
- Developing alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with recommended course of action for each risk and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones.
- Improving standard integration strategies based upon rational for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance.
- Fully defining interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for software.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience generating technical documentation
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
Lead the Way
- A Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline
- Five (5) years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD,BT BIA, SE3