Belay Technologies has been voted Best Places to Work in 2020!
In this System Engineer role you will provide sustainment and Tier 3 user support to the existing PR application. You will analyze user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
You should have the following experience:
1) Linux (junior Linux acceptable, does not need to be expert)
2) Application troubleshooting & sustainment experience
3) Atlassian Tool Suite (Confluence, Jira, etc.)
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, DP, SE2