Belay Technologies has been voted winner for Best Places to Work!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Front-End and API Software Engineer
to join our software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
You will be working on a team of approximately 37 team members made up of software developers, system engineers, test engineers, SCRUM masters and technical writers. The team collaborates with Outreach (user application helpdesk) and User Experience teams. All candidates must hold an active DoD security clearance.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
The Front-End and API Software Engineer will work with a team of other principal and senior level contributors to provide development and production support for the customer’s mission applications. The developer must have the ability to work as an individual contributor and in teams, communicate directions, and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required. The developer will integrate UI components into a web-based architecture (which may include the use of cloud technologies) as the task requires. The developer will design, develop, and implement new mission features, interfaces, or code, based on user and customer requirements. The developer will also provide testing, integration, and development support. The developer may also modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop new data mining, and data ingest processes for new data.
The experienced Front-End and API developer for the Knowledge Management - KI team will develop using AngularJS / jQuery / (other JS frameworks).
- Provide Front-end (UI) software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Note: Nineteen (19) years of SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical experience with:
- Serving as a technical lead of multiple software development teams, if required
- Developing applications using AngularJS / jQuery / React / Vue (other JS frameworks)
- Developing applications interfacing into Mongo DB / Elasticsearch / SQL
- Developing applications that are 508 compliant
- Experience developing software services and applications within Enterprise Cloud Technologies
- Developing software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Performs software testing and troubleshoots software issues for SIGINT systems using Java JUnit testing or other test-driven development frameworks
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitoring their performance
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
- 14+ years’ experience with:
- Providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting system requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and perform technical assessment
- Implementing operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards.
- Reviewing and/or approving system engineering documentation ensuring that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Developing system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Managing and ensuring the technical integrity of the system baseline, continually updating as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
- Developing scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, and maintenance, and disposal needs
- Structured analysis and design methodologies
Lead the Way
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Developing applications interfacing into relational and non-relational database applications (i.e. Oracle / Mongo DB / Elasticsearch)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT; SE2;-03 Full Scope Poly