Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
We are interviewing! Belay is seeking an operational database administration to partner with architects, developers, and support personnel. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to database administration and maintenance, owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within the scope of the applicable service level agreements (SLAs), and ensuring backups are performed regularly. Other duties in include maintenance, upkeep and security (at levels required within the SLAs) of the databases, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with architects, project application engineers, and database engineers to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems. Database instances will be hosted within the organization as well as remotely hosted in organizational spaces owned by other intelligence agencies. The candidate will also provide Tier 2 support to operational systems and will be on call to provide the support after regular working hours.
Lead the Way
- Active DoD security clearance with poly
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines plus 5 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years. Plus 2+ years’ experience with Linux, Eclipse. Maven, and Java and 2+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle v12, including Oracle Streams and RMAN.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience in clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics.
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language.
- Understanding of distributed computing architecture.
- Experience with virtualized machines and databases hosted thereon.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, MW; Full Scope Poly 4-05; SWEII , TS/SCI