Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
Belay Technologies is seeking a developer to work with and provide leadership to a team of developers designing, developing, and supporting a suite of mission critical web applications for report authoring and dissemination.You will be applying new technology to improve collaboration among analysts and ensure robust and rapid delivery of critical intelligence to those who need it, designing and developing REST APIs in a microservices architecture, and communicating with customer leadership, end users, help desk staff, and other product teams to gather requirements and resolve issues. You should ensure that application user interfaces meet accessibility requirements and comply with WCAG 2.1 guidelines
You will also be completing the following tasks:
- Develop software in an AWS environment, leveraging automated testing and continuous integration and deployment practices to deliver software releases to multiple environments
- Mentor junior software engineers, participate in code reviews, and recommend improvements to the team’s engineering practices
- Contribute to project planning, new feature design, and documentation
- Design and implement changes to the system architecture to deliver new functionality and to improve system performance and availability
- Conduct testing of product releases to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer requirements
- Provide operational support to include troubleshooting issues and provide after-hours, on-call support on a rotating schedule with other team members
The Principal-level Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- At least ten (15) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to senior, mid-level and junior programmer/analysts, as required. Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience developing software using the Java programming language. At least six (6) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last eight (8) years. At least six (6) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist.
- Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project.
- Experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Interest and willingness to learn new technologies and work in a fast paced environment in support of a widely used mission critical application that delivers intelligence to high profile
Desired education and skills:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience.
Lead the Way
- Experience consuming and writing RESTful backend microservices in Java and NodeJs.
- Experience with SpringBoot 2 and embedded tomcat deployments
- Experience using and managing/optimizing NoSQL queries and databases such as MongoDB to persist data for web applications at a large scale (100+ queries per second)
- Familiarity with Apache NiFi to create and manage data extract, transform, load (ETL) operations for critical data flows
- Utilized Docker, Kubernetes, or similar containerized environments to provide re-useable components that are agnostic of underlying cloud infrastructures
- Experience with web servers such as NGINX or proxy services such as HAProxy in large, horizontally scalable environments to serve web content and requests to large numbers of users concurrently
- Familiarity with various cloud infrastructures such as AWS or private cloud infrastructures to support scaled architectures
- Experience with Elastic Stack technologies (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) to provide metrics and monitoring of distributed microservices
- Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM) on a variety of software development projects
- Experience designing, implementing and testing web services with various automated test frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor, etc)
- Proven technical debugging/troubleshooting ability on multi-threaded and distributed systems.
- Experience integrating new architectures/systems/services with complicated legacy code bases
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, Amb; PrSWE-20-66