As a Test Engineer you will work with a cross-functional team responsible for the development and maintenance of test cases, executing and documenting manual and automated testing, and working with software engineers, system engineers, platform engineers, system administrators, and other test engineers to validate development and maintenance activities. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with software engineers to develop effective strategies and test cases
- Creating automated testing frameworks and test harnesses
- Discovering, reporting, and tracking testing defects
- Analyzing test results and reporting performance, load, and other issues using issues management tool
- Developing, executing, and maintaining acceptance, integration, and system tests
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life-cycle
- Perform continuous functional and regression testing
- DoD full clearance with polygraph
- 5 years System Engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines. An additional 4+ years of System Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years.
- Experience designing, creating, and executing manual and automated testing solutions including analysis of results to determine adequacy of testing
- Experience testing in Linux/CentOS environment.
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. SoapUI, Selenium, JUnit, JRunner, Sonar, etc.)
- Experience with:
- Web communication protocols, i.e. JSON, REST, SOAP.
- Scripting languages such as Goovy, Perl, Python,or Ruby.
- Creating and managing cronjobs.
- Working knowledge of :
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol,
- Public Key Infrastructure,
- version repositories (such as Git, SVN, CVS, etc.), and
- Ability to work independently and as part of an Agile development team using superior time management to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Able to clearly communicate technical issues and ideas orally and written to superiors and subordinates across all engineering disciplines
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads: