Belay Technologies is seeking a Senior System Administrator for an upcoming position in Annapolis Junction, MD. You should have heavy linux System Administration experience, 15+ years of experience, and possess an active DoD security clearance with polygraph.
Fifteen (15) years system administration experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required
-Supports the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
-Directs and possess a working knowledge and understand of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
-Analyzes and resolves complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
-Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provides in-depth experience in troubleshooting IT systems
-Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
-Provides detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
-Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc
-Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems
-Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
-Optimizes system operations and resources utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
-Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
-Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
-Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
-Provides assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, take off on your birthday, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, Amazon Prime, generous referral bonus program, gift packages, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, SQ; SA3