Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
Do you enjoy rapid prototype development? Are you a developer tired of the status quo who wants to actually make a difference in a computer network defense (CND) mission? If so, then we have an opportunity that you may be interested in. We have an opening for a rapid prototype developer with a focus on Windows development in the Columbia, MD area. These are critical times in the world of cyber security and Belay Tech needs your help to make the world a safer and more secure place—one computer at a time.
We’re looking for someone to work directly in an operations organization on a innovation-focused development team helping to ensure our customers' world-class CND capabilities stay ahead of the curve. You'll work directly on improving Windows and Unix based collection and analysis tools, including generating and contributing your own innovative ideas, to revolutionize the analysis capabilities of our customer, including utilizing those same tools to do analysis and prove how much better their lives are due to your work!
In this role, you will develop or modify existing software to satisfy critical mission needs in a rapid timeframe (within minutes to a week), develop new analyst ideas into prototypes in short periods of time (1-10 days), and come up with innovative new solutions to solve mission needs. You will enjoy both the pressure and benefits of rapid development, as well as the near-immediate feedback on the software developed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least four years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least one year of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field can replace 4 years of general experience.
- Experience in software development methodologies and technologies.
- Active DoD security clearance with polygraph
- The ability and desire to both develop Windows-based host analysis tools and utilize them to execute mission
- A solid understanding of Windows internals and tools (tools like sysinternals, etc)
- Strong object-oriented skills and the ability/desire to develop software using Java
- Experience in technologies—SQL, JQuery, XML, elasticsearch, and web-bsed APIs.
- Experience with platforms—Centos 5/6/7, Windows, and docker containers.
- Ability to work very independently and are self-motivated
- Ability to do any technical tasks (other than programming, i.e. OS) to get the job done.
- Willingness to learn new things as needed.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic mission-oriented environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field can replace 4 years of general experience.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, LJ; 16-03; SEI TS/SCI