Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
Belay Technologies is looking for a Junior NodeJS Developer to work with a team of developers designing, developing, and supporting a suite of mission critical web applications for report authoring and dissemination. In this position you will apply new technology to improve collaboration among analysts and ensure robust and rapid delivery of critical intelligence to those who need it.
You will ensure that application user interfaces meet accessibility requirements and comply with WCAG 2.1 guidelines. You will also help develop software in an AWS environment, leveraging automated testing and continuous integration and deployment practices to deliver software releases to multiple environments. Conduct testing of product releases to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer requirements. Provide operational support to include troubleshooting issues and provide after-hours, on-call support on a rotating schedule with other team members.
- An active government security clearance with a poly
· At least two (2) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
· At least two (2) years developing software in an enterprise environment.
· At least two (2) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux OS. At least one (1) year of this experience must have been obtained within the last two (2) years.
· At least one (1) year in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
· Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated at least two (2) documents in support of a software development project.
· Experience consuming and writing RESTful backend microservices in Java and NodeJs.
· Experience with SpringBoot 2 and embedded tomcat deployments
· Experience using and managing/optimizing NoSQL queries and databases such as MongoDB to persist data for web applications at a large scale (100+ queries per second)
· Familiar with Apache NiFi to create and manage data extract, transform, load (ETL) operations for critical data flows
· Utilized Docker, Kubernetes, or similar containerized environments to provide re-useable components that are agnostic of underlying cloud infrastructures
· Experience with web servers such as NGINX or proxy services such as HAProxy in large, horizontally scalable environments to serve web content and requests to large numbers of users concurrently
· Familiar with various cloud infrastructures such as AWS or private cloud infrastructures to support scaled architectures
· Experience with Elastic Stack technologies (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) to provide metrics and monitoring of distributed microservices
· Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
· Familiar with implementing and testing web services with various automated test frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor, etc)
· Proven technical debugging/troubleshooting ability on multi-threaded and distributed systems.
· Experience integrating new architectures/systems/services with complicated legacy code bases
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits:
* 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,10 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
* 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
* $5,000 annual training/tuition
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* 100% company funded HSA
* Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays)
* Dental coverage including orthodontia
* Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
* Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
* Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AMB; JrSWE-01