Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
Belay Tech is conducting phone interviews for a Web User Interface Application Tester to join our software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment. All candidates must hold an active DoD security clearance at the highest level.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
The Web UI Application Tester will work with a team of principal, senior, and junior level contributors to provide manual and automated Test and Evaluation support for the customer’s mission applications. The tester will review, develop, edit and run unit, component, and integration tests for the end to end evaluation of web applications. UI applications are run in various browsers. Provide specialized Test and Evaluation capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance area as assigned. The tester will also provide user support when required to communicate between the user community and the development team.
The experienced Web UI Application Tester for the Knowledge Management and Curation Team will provide the following Test and Evaluation support:
- Provide Front-end (UI) software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Implement automated tests using tools such as Selenium, TestComplete, Ranorex, etc.
- Provide Component, System, and Regression Tests within an agile development environment for a feature-based release model
- Coordinate with program Systems Engineering (SE) and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling and Simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning
- Providing feedback to the project team, software developers, and Government Program Manager (GPM) on test results and defects
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Test policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
- Document and maintain the test plan, test environments, and test event checklists for each test cycle.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- The individual must be able to work as an individual contributor and in teams, communicate directions, and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required. Should have 14+ years of testing experience with a technical degree.
- Ability to provide overall leadership of the T&E task and serve as a liaison to the SCRUM Master for supporting test coordination and task execution, if required
- Perform software testing and troubleshoot software issues for SIGINT systems using Java JUnit testing or other test-driven development frameworks
- Test web applications interfacing with Mongo DB / Elasticsearch / SQL
- Test applications to validate 508 compliance
- Experience creating and implementing automated tests using tools such as Selenium, TestComplete, Ranorex, etc.
- Assisting with development, documentation, and execution of test procedures for software components
- Review planned acquisition approaches to support T&E schedule alignment with decision maker needs for T&E support
- Plan program and event level testing for collection of data required for analysis and to synch T&E events with supported decision points
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT4671; SE2/3; Full Scope, FSP, polygraph
- Experience with running Linux based commands for debugging issues and work in a command line environment
- Familiarity with tools such as Jest, TestCafe, Cypress, etc.
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with browser tools for identifying issues (console log, network log)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development