Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
What You Will Do:
Write, execute and report test cases performed for web-based applications and create various regression testing scenarios to evaluate effectiveness, quality, and scalability performance of web-based tools used across the customer enterprise and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC).
Your work will enable development teams to deploy quality products and support users by troubleshooting real-time use cases and help drive product improvement decisions in matters of national security.
Our development and test teams have built/created:
A Day in the Life (Just a Few of the Things You Will Do):
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC
- A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile and update data in real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations
- A tool that allows analysts to quickly capture, document and access information
Required Education / Years of Experience:
- Stay at the forefront of data visualization by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a fit.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others in multiple product teams.
- Unique opportunities to work with UI/UX designers who manage the design – look and feel – of the application, as well as Mission Outreach teams who provide direct user feedback for continuous product improvement.
- Review and test software components and gain experience developing comprehensive system, performance, and design plans.
Required Skills/Qualifications (What You Must Have):
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR Twelve (12) years of systems engineering and tester experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Desired Experience/ Skills (Nice to Have):
- Seven (7) or more years of experience with the following:
- Work as an individual contributor and in teams, communicate directions, and/or provide guidance to all levels of team testers, as required.
- Testing applications interfacing with REST-based APIs/services.
- Software testing and troubleshooting of software issues for SIGINT systems using test-driven development frameworks .
- Experience testing applications for 508 compliance
- Full Systems Engineering Lifecyle (SELC) experience that includes seven (7) years or more of:
- Analyzing, translating, and managing user requirements and decompose into software requirements
- Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of software system documentation
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, take off on your birthday!, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT,, SE1
- Experience developing automated test scripts (e.g. Selenium, SoapUI, Katalon)
- Experience working with applications which use NoSQL (i.e. MongoDb, Elasticsearch), advanced key store (i.e. REDIS), and/or relational (i.e. Oracle, MySQL) databases.
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts to facilitate application integration using a one or more appropriate server-side languages (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN