Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
We are conducting interviews for System Administrators with strong linux experience in CentOS/RedHat with a focus on security. All candidates must hold an active DoD security clearance with a polygraph.
Qualifications and Skills:
-Willingness to learn and take control of projects
-Heavily relied on as the expert for any security related topics
-Srong Linux experience in CentOS/RedHat with a focus on security (additional Ubuntu experience would be a plus)
-Extensive background in securing and hardening servers
-Scripting/Automation experience with bash, Perl, or Ansible
-Management of Host-Based intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
-Prior programming experience would be a plus
Qualification: Fifteen (15) years system administration experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required
-Supports the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
-Directs and possess a working knowledge and understand of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
-Analyzes and resolves complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
-Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provides in-depth experience in troubleshooting IT systems
-Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
-Provides detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
-Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc
-Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems
-Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
-Optimizes system operations and resources utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
-Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
-Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
-Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
-Provides assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, 5674-SQ, SA3 TS/SCI