Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
We are seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to evaluate analytical and visualization software, configure Java Application servers such as Tomcat, Netty, and configure servers such as apache, nginx, haproxy. You will use distributed source code control such as Git, mercurial. All candidates must hold an active DoD security clearance with polygraph.
The Principal-level Systems Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- At least eighteen (18) years in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis. Bachelor’s Degree in a related Technical Field may be substitute for four (4) years experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related Technical Field may be substitute for four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
Lead the Way
- Strong Unix system administration skills, including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation
- Passion for developing backend systems software that improves sustainability and operations
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience
- Must have fluency in at least one scripting/coding language such as Ruby, Shell, Python, or Java
- Experience writing software for configuration management systems (Puppet, Chef) in a production environment
- Experience configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging solutions for operations such as; Nagios, Collectd, logstash, Kafka, Cassandra
- Solid web infrastructure fundamentals: TCP/IP NDS, HTTP, caching REST, and scale out
- Experience with security accreditation process
- Knowledge of the Java development process and use of tools such as Maven, Junit, and Simple Logging Façade for Java (SLF4J)
- Knowledge of the following:
- Apache Mesos, Linux cgroups
- Web development
- Java SE 5+, java EE (Servlets, JSP)
- REST/Web architecture
- HTTP specification (methods, headers, response codes)
- Experience with relational database such as SQL, PostgreSQL
- Network security experience:
- Access and authorization – PKI, chain trusting, Central Authentication System
- Threat model development
- Vulnerability assessment
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AMB; PrSE-02; IAMM 19-26