Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
Do you enjoy rapid analytic prototype development? Are you an analyst that wants to work directly with a computer network defense (CND) mission? If so, then we have an opportunity that you may be interested in. We have an opening for a rapid CND analytic prototype developer in the Columbia, MD area. These are critical times in the world of cyber security and Parsons need your help to make the world a safer and more secure place—one computer at a time.
We’re looking for someone to work directly in an operations organization on a innovation-focused development team helping to ensure our customers' world-class CND analytics stay ahead of the curve. You'll work directly with mission leads and analysts on various mission, including generating and contributing your own innovative ideas, to revolutionize the analysis capabilities of our customers. All candidates must hold an active and full DoD security clearance.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Experience and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least four years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers
- At least one year of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl.
- Apply knowledge of development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
- TS/SCI Full Scope Poly required
- Experience with writing Splunk queries, developing dashboards, and Splunk add-ons.
- Familiar with data modeling and normalization.
- Comfortable with interacting directly with mission customers.
- Ability to work very independently and are self-motivated
- Ability to do any technical tasks (other than programming, i.e. OS) to get the job done.
- Willingness to learn new things as needed.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic mission-oriented environment.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT; 01-01; SE2
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. Can be used in lieu of 4 years of general experience.