Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
Lead the Way
Belay Technologies is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with knowledge of COTS products (SPLUNK, QlikSense, or Tableau); providing a deep analytics capability for power users; develop views, dashboards, and stories; and develop new charts and graphs using D3 library extensions. All candidates shall have a full and active security clearance.
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
The Senior-level Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
· At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
· At least six (6) years’ experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 5 - 7) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
· Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
· Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
· Experience developing production-quality applications using Commercial Off The Shelf tools.
· System installation procedures and application deployments
· Basic understand of ETL with an ability to write COTS LOAD scripts and validate data
· Create and use connectors to various data sources
· Understand the COTS data layer and architecture
· Ability to architect data to provide optimal performance
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience.
· Expand Commercial and Open Source Data Visualization and Business Intelligence tool implementations enabling customers to obtain Business Intelligence capabilities from available data:
o Knowledge of COTS products (SPLUNK, QlikSense, or Tableau).
o Provide deep analytics capability for power users.
o Provide capability to allow a user to choose to display multiple graphs and/or tables with differing metrics on a dashboard.
o Develop views, dashboards, and Stories.
o Develop new charts and graphs using D3 Library extensions.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AM; SrSWE-18-26