Belay Technologies is seeking a System Administrator to perform application testing involving/requiring: RedHat Linux or advanced general Linux knowledge; troubleshooting of standard daemons and tools (NFS, NTP, BIND, APACHE, SYSLOG, logrotate, chkconfig, init scripts, curl, general networking, etc.) All candidates must currently hold an active DoD security clearance.
In this role you will be proficient and able to apply their knowledge/experiences in the following areas:
•Provide system administration service for Linux infrastructure and development systems – practical experience with RedHat Yellow Dog Updater (YUM) and RHCT or higher certification is highly desired
•CentOS 7 experience covering new technologies like system and firewalld
•Virtual machine technology including VMWare and KVM. This includes the day-to-day tasks of creating, destroying, configuring VMs but also working to automate many of those tasks.
•Configuring and deploying systems via Kickstart
•Automation tools such as Ansible, Salt, and/or Puppet
•Knowledge of DHCP, DNS
•Dell PowerEdge servers
•Cisco ISR and UCS platforms
•Juniper network systems
•Familiarization with shell scripting languages such as Ruby, KSH, BASH execution and analysis
•Maintain scripts for loading machines using KickStart and Puppet manifests and perform/verify system configurations
•Familiarization with container technologies such as Docker and VMWare
•Working knowledge of Windows server and domain administration
•Proactively contribute to the team and recommend technical and procedural enhancements
•Work closely with other team members and be able to demonstrate independent skill set when working on the team
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, CTS; 5244; MidSME