Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
Belay Technologies is seeking a System Engineer with an active DoD security clearance at the highest level.
Tasks will include:
Lead the Way
* Support production efforts related to content based analytic development by researching corporately available services and platforms to determine a best fit recommendation for components in the suggested architecture.
* Develop system engineering documentation to include white papers compiled from market surveys,
alternative of analysis results, and requirement discussions with identified stakeholders.
* Work independently or collaboratively with team members to deliver a recommended architecture and trade study paper excerpts, over time, culminating in a final deliverable at a specified milestone.
* Responsible for the creation of a product backlog containing prioritized user stories for sprint execution.
* Gain a working understanding of the analytic software stack, use Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to aid developers with maintaining the stability of the development and production cluster.
Duties to include but not limited to:
* Checking the status of infrastructure components (such as Spark, Nifi, Accumulo, Kafka, etc).
* Using SOP steps to ensure that they are performing as expected.
* Reporting to developers when issues occur.
* Create and monitoring help desk tickets for external support from System Administrators.
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Fourteen (14) years experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
You should have experience analyzing user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. In addition, analyze system requirements and lead design and development activities; guide users in formulating requirements, advise alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies.
You will be providing technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology; develop technical documentation, develop system Architecture and system design documentation. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, LJ, SWE2; 55900