Belay Technologies has been voted #1 for Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Systems Engineer (Data Modeler)
to join our software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment. You will be working with approximately 40 team members made up of software developers, system engineers, test engineers, SCRUM masters, and technical writers. All candidates must hold an active DoD Security Clearance at the highest level.
The System Engineer (Data Modeler)
will provide software engineering support to the data ingest team to build out common data extraction, translate and load (ETL) of native knowledge outputs from source systems into modernized set of repositories powering the customer framework.
Provide software engineering support to the Reference Knowledge System (RKS) data ingest team to build out common data extraction, translate and load (ETL) of native knowledge outputs from source systems into modernized set of repositories powering the RKS framework.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- Experience with data modeling, data architecture
- Experience with Extract, Translate, and Load (ETL) operations and a firm grasp of dataflow ingest into Elasticsearch and Oracle
- Experience with TechSIGINT data
- 20+ years’ experience with:
- Providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting system requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and perform technical assessment
- Developing system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Conducting and/or approving end-to-end system trade analyses optimizing system operations over its life-cycle
- Developing system design alternatives considering life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth
- Developing alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with recommended course of action for each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones
- Improving standard integration strategies based upon rational for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
- Fully defining interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for software
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT; AM; SE2 or SE3 know man
- Experience as an Agile SCRUM Master
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience generating technical documentation
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence