Do you enjoy rapid prototype development? Are you a developer tired of the status quo who wants to actually make a difference in a computer network defense (CND) mission? If so, then we have an opportunity that you may be interested in. We have an opening for a rapid prototype developer with a focus on Windows development in the Columbia, MD area. These are critical times in the world of cyber security and we need your help to make the world a safer and more secure place—one computer at a time.
We’re looking for someone to work directly in an operations organization on a innovation-focused development team helping to ensure our customers' world-class CND capabilities stay ahead of the curve. You'll work directly on improving Windows and Unix based collection and analysis tools, including generating and contributing your own innovative ideas, to revolutionize the analysis capabilities of our customer, including utilizing those same tools to do analysis and prove how much better their lives are due to your work!
In this role, you will develop or modify existing software to satisfy critical mission needs in a rapid timeframe (within minutes to a week), develop new analyst ideas into prototypes in short periods of time (1-10 days), and come up with innovative new solutions to solve mission needs. You will enjoy both the pressure and benefits of rapid development, as well as the near-immediate feedback on the software developed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in computer science or a related field OR 4+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least four years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least one year of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection
- Experience in software development methodologies and technologies.
- TS/SCI Full Scope Poly required
- The ability and desire to both develop Windows-based host analysis tools and utilize them to execute mission
- A solid understanding of Windows internals and tools (tools like sysinternals, etc)
- Strong object-oriented skills and the ability/desire to develop software using Java
- Experience in technologies—SQL, JQuery, XML, elasticsearch, and web-bsed APIs.
- Experience with platforms—Centos 5/6/7, Windows, and docker containers.
- Ability to work very independently and are self-motivated
- Ability to do any technical tasks (other than programming, i.e. OS) to get the job done.
- Willingness to learn new things as needed.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic mission-oriented environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field can replace 4 years of general experience.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads: