Lead the way at Belay Technologies! Opportunity meets ambition, and you have all the potential to shape your career and excel in your field and in core roles within our growing company. We provide the support and incentives to leverage your talents, as well as top-notch benefits, perks, and flexibility to fulfill life needs while you pursue your ambitions!
Sr. SWE- Opportunity to get cleared
Belay is seeking a Software Engineer to be involved in all phases of the software engineering process including capability definition, design, development, test, and demonstrationOur team leads:
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
CENTROPY is being developed in support of the Secretary of Defense’s directive to implement a Joint Command & Control (JC2) Cyber capability platform that provides a unified, timely, and responsive capability that can fully enable Cyber Situational Awareness, Planning and Execution, Force Employment, Intelligence support to C2, and Information Sharing. CENTROPY will create a cyberspace domain bridging element capability supporting standardized C2 Cyber activities. It is being built to be interoperable across department, service, or cyberspace partners. It is presently a prototype that has been approved to hold operational data. It is a fast paced project leveraging an Agile Development methodology.
• The Software Engineer will be involved in all phases of the software engineering process including capability definition, design, development, test, and demonstration during 15 day sprints. The Software Engineer must be able to communicate effectively with the team at daily scrums to work through road blocks to resolve issues quickly. In addition to working sprint activities, the Software Engineer will also be required to support the team troubleshoot issues with the production system and fix production defects for delivery in a sprint release.
• Works under consultative direction towards predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior.
• Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the image of the organization's technological capability.
Required Technologies/Tools/Skills (must have):
• Front-end web development experience
• Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies
Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative environment
• Java: Java EE, EJB, JPA, JMS, JAX-WS/RS, JAAS
Desired Technologies/Tools/Skills (nice to have):
• OS: Linux/Unix
• Application server: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
• RDBMS: PostgreSQL
• CM: Jenkins
• Development Environment: Eclipse, Maven, Nexus
Can accept uncleared (but clearable) candidates.
Work Location: Contractor Facility (Hanover)
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.