Lead the way at Belay Technologies! Opportunity meets ambition, and you have all the potential to shape your career and excel in your field and in core roles within our growing company. We provide the support and incentives to leverage your talents, as well as top-notch benefits, perks, and flexibility to fulfill life needs while you pursue your ambitions!
DevOps Software Engineer: Linux, Test, Deployment
Belay Tech is seeking a Software Engineer to provide DevOps support to include test, deployment, administration and sustainment of deployed systems. You will support Linux (CentOS 6,7; RHEL) and Windows (7,10 Server). You will be supporting systems deployed on local hardware, remote hardware and virtual environments. All candidates must possess an active DoD security clearance.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
• Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
• Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
• Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
• Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
• Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
• Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
You will resolve software problem reports and utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
You should possess the following capabilities:
• Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
• Debug existing software and correct defects
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
• Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
• Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
• Write or review software and system documentation
• Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
• Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
• Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
• Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
• Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
• Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Fourteen (14) years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. Shall have some cloud experience.
Job Specific Skills:
• Provide DevOps support to include test, deployment, administration and sustainment of deployed systems
• Supporting Linux (CentOS 6, 7; RHEL) and Windows (7,10 Server)
• Supporting systems deployed on local hardware, remote hardware and virtual environments
• Ability to work directly with technical personnel (typically with developers and administrators) to troubleshoot and document issues with deployments
• Emphasis on customer service and flexibility
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, FSP, Full Scope Polygraph, RR, RR4929, SWE2