Lead the way at Belay Technologies! Opportunity meets ambition, and you have all the potential to shape your career and excel in your field and in core roles within our growing company. We provide the support and incentives to leverage your talents, as well as top-notch benefits, perks, and flexibility to fulfill life needs while you pursue your ambitions!
Senior Test Engineer: Junit and Selenium
Belay Tech is seeking a Test Engineer to support of the Secretary of Defense’s directive to implement a Joint Command & Control (JC2) Cyber capability platform that provides a unified, timely, and responsive capability that can fully enable Cyber Situational Awareness, Planning and Execution, Force Employment, Intelligence support to C2, and Information Sharing. This is a great opportunity to work on contract while obtaining a security clearance!
On this project we are creating a cyberspace domain bridging element capability supporting standardized C2 Cyber activities. It is being built to be interoperable across department, service, or cyberspace partners. It is presently a prototype that has been approved to hold operational data. It is a fast paced project leveraging an Agile Development methodology.
• Responsible for testing a Tomcat Web Application
• Act as the primary/sole tester on a cross functional team
• Create and execute test plans and test procedure development (functional and performance) in an agile (working in sprints, effort estimation for new sprints) environment
• Participate in Capability Development Group (CDG) Integrated Product Team (IPT) and/or Integrated Test Team as needed to ensure proper coordination of acceptance testing activities
• Perform load-testing, and performance monitoring and analysis
• Responsible for providing quality process improvements and recommendations to further reduce defects from being released into production
• Works under consultative direction towards predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior.
• Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the image of the organization's technological capability
Required Technologies/Tools/Skills (must have):
• Experience planning and executing Performance Analysis
• Experience testing Web Applications
• Experience writing discrepancy reports, test plans, and perform integration regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems
• Experience with JIRA for Agile development
• Know basic Unix commands (more, tail, grep)
• Experience with test automation tools: JUnit and Selenium
• Self-motivated and an attention to detail
• Excellent documentation skills
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance at the highest level
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, CT4848;MidSME